Kgakala Trails Camp
Kgakala Trails Camp is a small and private rustic bush camp, comprised of 6 dome tents, communal outdoor bathrooms and a main lapa area. The camp is situated on the banks of the Mohave River. The name Kgakala means ‘remote’ or ‘isolated’ in Setswana and that is exactly the feeling that one will have in this wild and rustic camp.
Tuli Wilderness’ private and exclusive 24 000 acre concession of Botswana wilderness makes an ideal getaway or stop-over point for travellers between Botswana and South Africa, as well as a unique and true African Safari Experience for International Guests.
The unfenced Kgalakala Trails Camp offers accommodation in 6 basic dome tents, each sleeping up to 2 persons on camp stretchers. There is no electricity so lighting is provided for by gas, paraffin and solar. Shower water is heated by a donkey boiler and the cookers and a freezer are gas operated. The ablutions are open-air and are sited within close proximity to the tents.
ActivitiesThere is a central lapa / dining area with a fire-pit. Game such as Elephants, Lion, Leopard, Brown and Spotted Hyaena, Civet, Genet and African Wild Cat may possibly be seen in and around the camp. The Mohave River is a hotspot for game movements and the remoteness of the camp ensures that you will truly feel that you are deep in the wilderness.
All meals are provided at Kgakala Camp and a guide and game viewer are available for you to explore the area. All activities are included in the rates.
- Please enquire directly for any specials and SADC Rates
- A guest registration form is to be completed, signed and returned to our reservations department prior to or on arrival. Payment for extras can be made with us by cash, or by credit card. TW reserves the right to amend the published rates without notice. Please note that Tuli Wilderness’ rates are quoted in Pula and Rand, therefore TW reserves the right to amend the EURO / USD from time to time due to changes in rates of exchange.
- Guests must check with us prior to arrival which border crossing to use if coming from South Africa in case the Limpopo River is in flood (November – April)
Exclusive Camp Rental (10 guests) – Fully Catered – ZAR 11 025 / BWP 8 480
Exclusive Camp Rental includes two game activities daily (i.e. professionally guided walks and/or game drives/night drives in an open 4×4 game-viewer) and four meals per day and tea/coffee.
- Guests may take their own vehicles to the camps if they are driving a 4×4, or they may leave their vehicles at a our reception and are taken up to the camps by their guide
- All Kgakala Camp accommodation is only fully-catered
- Check in time: 14h00, check out time: 11h00
- Please ensure that all of your cross-border paperwork is in order for vehicles and for minors
- Note the new regulations when travelling with minors (affidavits and unabridged birth certificates)
- Border transfers are available at an additional charge but need to be requested well in advance
Conservation LevyPlease note that there is an additional conservation levy charge of P100 per person per stay for SADC residents and P100 per person per night for international guests. This levy is paid on to the Tuli Conservation Trust (https://tulitrust.org) to assist in our conservation efforts in the reserve as well as to support our community outreach programme.
Deposits and Payments
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a reservation. TW reserves the right to cancel any such Provisional Reservation, where the 50% Deposit has not been received within 7 days of the Provisional Reservation being made. The balance is to be settled in full 30 days prior to the arrival of the guest(s) at Tuli Wilderness.
Cancellation PolicyTuli Wilderness reserves the right to charge the following cancellation charges:
- Less than 14 days prior to arrival 100% of total cost of the reservation
- 15 to 29 days prior to arrival 75% of total cost of the reservation
- 30 days or more prior to arrival 50% of total cost of the reservation
- In the event of a no-show, the total cost of the reservation will be charged for