Kgakala Trails Camp
Kgakala Trails Camp is a small and private rustic bush camp, comprised of 6 dome tents, communal outdoor bathrooms and a main lapa area. The camp is situated on the banks of the Mohave River. The name Kgakala means ‘remote’ or ‘isolated’ in Setswana and that is exactly the feeling that one will have in this wild and rustic camp.
The unfenced Kgalakala Trails Camp offers accommodation in 6 basic dome tents, each sleeping up to 2 persons on camp stretchers. There is no electricity so lighting is provided for by gas, paraffin and solar. Shower water is heated by a donkey boiler and the cookers and a freezer are gas operated. The ablutions are open-air and are sited within close proximity to the tents. There is a central lapa / dining area with a fire-pit. Game such as Elephants, Lion, Leopard, Brown and Spotted Hyaena, Civet, Genet and African Wild Cat may possibly be seen in and around the camp. The Mohave River is a hotspot for game movements and the remoteness of the camp ensures that you will truly feel that you are deep in the wilderness.
All meals are provided at Kgakala Camp and a guide and game viewer are available for you to explore the area. All activities are included in the rates.
Exclusive Camp Rental (10 guests) – Fully Catered – ZAR 11 025 / BWP 8 480
- The above rates are inclusive of 2 professionally-guided activities daily
- Guests may take their own vehicles to the camps if they are driving a 4×4, or they may leave their vehicles at a our reception and are taken up to the camps by their guide
- All Kgakala Camp accommodation is only fully-catered
- Check in time: 14h00, check out time: 11h00
- Please ensure that all of your cross-border paperwork is in order for vehicles and for minors
- Note the new regulations when travelling with minors (affidavits and unabridged birth certificates)
- Guests must check with us prior to arrival which border crossing to use if coming from South Africa in case the Limpopo River is in flood (November – April)*
- Border transfers are available at an additional charge but need to be requested well in advance