Molema Bush Camp
Molema Bush Camp is situated on the banks of the Limpopo River in the Northern Tuli Game Reserve, about 30 km downstream from Platjan Border in the eastern-most corner of Botswana.
Tuli Wilderness’ private and exclusive 24 000 acre concession of Botswana wilderness makes an ideal getaway or stop-over point for travellers between Botswana and South Africa, as well as a unique and true African Safari Experience for International Guests.
Molema Bush Camp offers self-catering accommodation in wooden cabins, permanent dome tents and camping sites. The accommodation is exquisitely located close to the banks of the Limpopo River, shaded by huge Leadwood and Mashatu trees.
There are 4 wooden cabins, each with an en-suite bathroom (shower, toilet, basin) veranda and braai stand. These are comprised of three twin cabins and one family cabin (double bed & bunk bed), each +/- 20m2. One cabin is in a very private site overlooking the Limpopo River, but please note that it is 300m from the kitchen. Towels, bedding and bathroom amenities are provided in the chalets, along with a daily housekeeping service. There is a fully-equipped kitchen (fridge, freezer, gas stove, cutlery, crockery, glasses and cooking utensils) and boma area available for chalet guests.
There are 4 camping sites, each with private ablutions (shower, toilet, basin) and a braai stand. A maximum of 8 persons / 2 vehicles are allowed per site unless the entire campsite is booked by the same group.
Dome tents can be erected within the campsites upon request, each containing 2 ‘camp cots’ supplied with linen, for those who do not have thier own camp equiptment.
Please note that Molema Bush Camp is unfenced and there is no electricity. Lighting is provided by paraffin lanterns and hot shower water is created by gas and solar geysers. Firewood can be purchased from the office (with all proceeds going to the community).
There are no shops nearby so please ensure you have all food and drinks/ice for the duration of your stay. When travelling from South Africa the last shops prior to your arrival at Molema Bush Camp are in Alldays, and from within Botswana in Bobonong, Mothlabaneng and Mathathane.
Molema Bush Camp is great for birding, and guests may walk within the designated grounds which includes an attractive riverine area.
Game drives, night drives and bush walks are available but it is recommended to pre-book these in advance as there is a possibility of limited availability – activities cannot be guaranteed without prior reservation. Self-Drive is not permitted in the reserve.
The game drives and bush walks depart directly from Molema Bush Camp. Children under the age of 12 are, unfortunately, not permitted to participate in bush walks, however, they are encouraged to join the Game Drives.
- Please enquire directly for any specials and SADC Rates
- A guest registration form is to be completed, signed and returned to our reservations department prior to or on arrival. Payment for extras can be made with us by cash, or by credit card. TW reserves the right to amend the published rates without notice. Please note that Tuli Wilderness’ rates are quoted in Pula and Rand, therefore TW reserves the right to amend the EURO / USD from time to time due to changes in rates of exchange.
- Guests must check with us prior to arrival which border crossing to use if coming from South Africa in case the Limpopo River is in flood (November – April)
Tuli Wilderness Campsites
- Adults: pppn sharing – Self Catering – ZAR 225 / BWP 160
- Adults: pppn single supplement – Self Catering – ZAR 325 / BWP 230
- Children (2-12 yrs): pppn – Self Catering – ZAR 125 / BWP 90
- Twin Cabin (per unit) – ZAR 1 200 / BWP 860
- Family Cabin (per unit) – ZAR 1 440 / BWP 1 030
Campsite Dome Tents
- Per person sharing per night – Self Catering – ZAR 340 / BWP 250
- Single supplement per person per night – Self Catering – ZAR 440 / BWP 315
- Game Drive per person – ZAR 420 / BWP 300
- Bush Walk per person – ZAR 385 / BWP 275
- Eagle Rock Excursion: pp – ZAR 410 / BWP 295
- Bush Dinner per person (min 6 persons) – ZAR 420 / BWP 300
- Border Transfer per vehicle each way (max 6 persons per vehicle) – ZAR 1 085 / BWP 775
Please Note: A minimum booking of 2 persons is required for all activities. No Self-Drive is allowed in the reserve.
Community LevyPlease note that there is an additional Community levy charge of ZAR R 80 / BWP 57 per person per night for all guests regardless of thier age.
Deposits and Payments
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a reservation. TW reserves the right to cancel any such Provisional Reservation, where the 50% Deposit has not been received within 7 days of the Provisional Reservation being made. The balance is to be settled in full 30 days prior to the arrival of the guest(s) at Tuli Wilderness Campsites or Molema Bush Camp.
Cancellation PolicyTuli Wilderness reserves the right to charge the following cancellation charges:
- Less than 14 days prior to arrival 100% of total cost of the reservation
- 15 to 29 days prior to arrival 75% of total cost of the reservation
- 30 days or more prior to arrival 50% of total cost of the reservation
- In the event of a no-show, the total cost of the reservation will be charged for