Molema Bush Camp
Molema Bush Camp is situated on the banks of the Limpopo River in the Tuli Block, about 30 km downstream from Platjan Border in the eastern-most corner of Botswana.
Molema offers self-catering accommodation in wooden cabins, permanent dome tents and camping sites. The accommodation is exquisitely located close to the banks of the Limpopo River, shaded by huge Leadwood and Mashatu trees.
There are 4 wooden cabins, each with an en-suite bathroom (shower, toilet, basin) veranda and braai stand. These are comprised of three twin cabins and one family cabin (double bed & bunk bed), each +/- 20m2. One cabin is in a very private site overlooking the Limpopo River, but please note that it is 300m from the kitchen. Towels, bedding and bathroom amenities are provided in the chalets, along with a daily housekeeping service. There is a fully-equipped kitchen (fridge, freezer, gas stove, cutlery, crockery, glasses and cooking utensils) and boma area available for chalet guests.
There are 4 camping sites, each with private ablutions (shower, toilet, basin) and a braai stand. A maximum of 8 persons / 2 vehicles are allowed per site unless the entire campsite is booked by the same group.
Dome tents can be erected within the campsites upon request, each containing 2 ‘camp cots’ supplied with linen.
Please note that Molema Bush Camp is unfenced and there is no electricity. Lighting is provided by paraffin lanterns and hot shower water is created by gas and solar geysers. Firewood can be purchased from the office (with all proceeds going to the community).
There are no shops nearby so please ensure you have all food and drinks/ice for the duration of your stay. When travelling from South Africa the last shops prior to your arrival at Molema are in Alldays, and from within Botswana in Bobonong, Mothlabaneng and Mathathane.
Molema is great for birding, and guests may walk within the designated grounds which includes an attractive riverine area.
Game drives, night drives and bush walks are available but it is recommended to pre-book these in advance as there is a possibility of limited availability – activities cannot be guaranteed without prior reservation.
The game drives and bush walks depart directly from Molema Bush Camp. Children under the age of 12 are, unfortunately, not permitted to participate in bush walks.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT AN ADDITIONAL 2019 COMMUNITY LEVY OF BWP 51.00 / ZAR 65.00 IS PAYABLE PER PERSON PER NIGHT, REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE*
*Guests must check with us prior to arrival which border crossing to use if coming from South Africa in case the Limpopo River is in flood (November – April)*
Tuli Wilderness Campsites
- Adults: pppn sharing – Self Catering – ZAR 195 / BWP 150
- Adults: pppn single supplement – Self Catering – ZAR 290 / BWP 220
- Children: pppn – Self Catering – ZAR 110 / BWP 85
- Exclusive campsite rental (up to 32 people) – Self Catering – ZAR 3 835 / BWP 2 950
- Twin Cabin – Self Catering – ZAR 750 / BWP 580
- Family Cabin – Self Catering – ZAR 995 / BWP 770
- Per person sharing per night – Self Catering – ZAR 305 / BWP 240
- Single supplement per person per night – Self Catering – ZAR 390 / BWP 300
- Game Drive per person – ZAR 390 / BWP 280
- Bush Walk per person – ZAR 335 / BWP 260
- Bush Dinner per person (min 6) – ZAR 370 / BWP 285
- Border Transfer per vehicle each way (max 6 persons per vehicle) – ZAR 955 / BWP 735
- Game drives and bush walks depart from Tuli Wilderness Campsites / Molema Bush Camp
- All accommodation is only self-catering
- Adult: 13 years and older Child: 0 – 12 years
- Check in time: 13h00, check out time: 10h00
- Please ensure that all of your cross border paperwork is in order for vehicles
- Note the new regulations when traveling with minors (affidavits and unabridged birth certificates)
- No self-driving or unguided activities are permitted within the entire area
- Please check our website for terms and conditions and cancellation fees